Reduce stubborn fat pockets without surgery AT MELOCARE
Thanks to new technologies, it is now possible to reduce stubborn fat pockets and improve body contours without surgery, scars or downtime. Continue reading to learn about the different treatment options and what they can achieve.
Guide to non-surgical fat reduction
The non-surgical fat reduction includes minimally invasive treatments that selectively break down fat cells in specific areas to reduce the size of subcutaneous fat pockets (fat deposits that sit beneath the skin, but above the muscle). A number of FDA cleared treatments are available, each achieving gradual, modest fat loss without surgery or downtime. Choose from the options below, or read our entire guide to learn more:
Is non-surgical fat reduction a good option for me?
For patients at or near their ideal body weight who do not need significant reshaping in an area, non-surgical treatments can be a great option to reduce isolated pockets of diet and exercise-resistant fat without surgery, and with little to no downtime. However, it is important to have realistic expectations about what results in a non-surgical treatment can achieve.
Benefits of non-surgical fat reduction
- Little to no downtime is required
- No general anaesthesia, incisions or scars
- Side effects are minimal for most patients
- Gradual onset of results allows patients to be discreet about treatments
- Results can last as long as a patient maintains his or her weight
- Reduces fat only (minimal sculpting ability compared to liposuction)
- We cannot choose exactly how much fat is lost, only estimate a percentage
- Multiple treatments may be needed to achieve desired results
- May not be suitable for patients with significant amounts of fat to lose
No cosmetic procedure, surgical or non-surgical, is intended for weight loss. Treatments will not significantly change a patient’s weight, and a healthy lifestyle and weight maintenance are essential to maintain results.