Dark Under Arm
Underarm problems are a serious matter. And most people are often looking for effective remedies to unwanted hair, excessive sweating, dark underarms, and odour. Truth be told, these are some of the most common reasons why you need to visit MELOCARE AESTHETIC CLINIC.
Should you have any of these annoying underarm problems, don’t let them ruin your day and hamper your self-confidence. With the latest advancements in skin care, you can now deal with them effectively. Below is a list of underarm concerns and some of their most effective solutions.
Dark underarms usually aren’t a sign of anything serious, but some people may find them embarrassing— especially during tank top and swimsuit season. Darkening is often due to a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans (AN). It causes skin to thicken and darken in folds around the body .
CAUSES OF DARK UNDERARMS
Dark areas of skin may occur when pigment cells in the skin multiply faster than usual.
This can occur as a result of repeated hair removal. ( WAXING, CREAMS )
Regularly shaving the underarms can lead to excessive production of pigment cells.
The following factors can also increase the likelihood of AN:
- Insulin resistance : The majority of people with this condition are insulin resistant. Being insulin resistant means that the body has become less sensitive to the effects of insulin. Insulin resistance can eventually lead to type 2 diabetes.
- Obesity : People who are obese are more likely to notice dark skin in their underarms and other areas of their body. According to research, more than half of adults who weigh over 200 percent of their ideal body weight have AN.
- Hormonal disorders : People with an underactive thyroid, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), or other hormonal disorders are more likely to have AN than others.
- Genetics : AN appears to run in families, which means that it is likely to have a genetic cause.
- Race : AN is most common in INDIANS Native Americans, followed by African-Americans, Hispanics, and Caucasians.
- Medication use : Some medications, including high-dose niacin, birth control pills, and corticosteroids, may cause AN.
- Cancer : In rare cases, AN can occur because a cancerous tumor is growing in the stomach, liver, or another internal organ. This form of AN is called malignant acanthosis nigricans.
Treatments at MELOCARE for dark underarms: